The STEMx Network was created by the Battelle Memorial Institute, the world’s largest nonprofit research and development organization. The University of Kentucky College of Education’s Kentucky P20 Innovation Lab is facilitating the launch of this program with stakeholders around the Commonwealth.
“STEMx works by connecting preexisting Kentucky STEM education advocacy programs with one another. As a result, Kentucky STEMx is uniquely positioned to impact education at the ground-level,” UK College of Education Dean Mary John O’Hair said.Collectively, the Kentucky STEMx Network will advance STEM by:
- • Generating and sharing new knowledge of what works in STEM education;
- • Promoting clearly articulated indicators of quality;
- • Developing quality tools jointly;
- • Offering interactive, ongoing access to tools, exemplars and education stakeholders through an advanced technology platform; and
- • Connecting innovative policies and practices across the county.
Visit the STEMx page at http://p20.education.uky.edu/kystemx/